Regrettably, due to the CoronaVirus and NC Gov. Roy Cooper’s Executive Order, we are unable to continue operating at full capacity, we must drastically reduce our staff. Up to now, I’ve been very thankful that we’ve been able to continue operating like usual while we’ve watched many of our beloved business falter and shut down. To my dismay, with this Executive Order and Additional Restrictions being imposed by New Hanover County (https://www.wect.com/2020/03/28/more-restrictive-shelter-place-order-be-issued-by-new-hanover-county-saturday/), we are left with little choice. We MUST comply with the Social Distancing rules set forth by the governor. The full Executive Order text can be found here: https://files.nc.gov/governor/documents/files/EO121-Stay-at-Home-Order-3.pdf which includes a variety of businesses that may continue to stay open but within a limited scope.
During this time, you are eligible for Unemployment Benefits. Once this ‘Stay At Home’ Order is lifted, everyone will be welcomed back immediately. Please read the bullet points below very carefully, and let me know if you have any questions.
- COVID-19 Information for Individuals on how to File an Unemployment Claim https://des.nc.gov/need-help/covid-19-information/covid-19-information-individuals#filing-for-unemployment-insurance-due-to-covid-19?
- To file a claim, visit: https://des.nc.gov. You will need to create an account and have information listed in the link above (SSN, Information about most recent employer and pay, work history for the past 2 years, bank account & routing numbers for direct deposit).
- When applying, keep in mind that this will only be a temporary layoff.
- If you need any pay stubs, payroll summaries, or additional information from me, please let me know (email -info@CanopyBotanicals.com preferably so I do not overlook a request, or text – 803.221.4715)
- IMPORTANT When filing a claim, I will be given 10 days to respond. At the moment, I’m not certain but I can probably do this online hopefully if I’m able to get someone on the phone at NC SUI to provide a PIN, but otherwise if possible, please make sure to use this mailing address: Daryl Napier 1122 Essex Drive Wilmington, NC 28403
Beyond this, please know I enjoy and appreciate all of you and this is a tough choice that we have to make. Rest assured that during this time, I will try to do whatever I possibly can to make sure that no one faces difficult times due to personally a draconian government overreach, but it is important to take preventative measures to stop the virus. Thus, having less people in our warehouse and shortened hours will we be able to spread out and keep everyone safe without completely sacrificing the entire business so that we all have a job to come back to when this is over.
Thank you for understanding, please stay safe!